T.Y. Lin International was selected to provide Phase I and II Design Engineering services for the construction of the Valley Line Bicycle Path from Devon Avenue to Bryn Mawr Avenue on the northeast side of the City of Chicago. The plan provided a shared-use trail along the former alignment of the C&NW Railroad through the Forest Glen and North Park Communities, as well as connections to the Bryn Mawr Avenue bicycle lane facility between the North Branch River to the east and the North Branch Forest Preserve Trail to the west. There was also a provision for a direct connection into the Village of Lincolnwood to the north.
- Development of a conceptual plan for the trail
- Planning of trail access points to limit adverse impacts to the local community
- Interaction with the community leaders and local businesses on how this trail will be incorporated into the fabric of the neighborhood, including a public meeting to present the Phase I report and preliminary alignment
- Approximately one mile of paved bike path, with adjacent aggregate running path
- A new ADA accessible access path, with modular block retaining walls