T.Y. Lin International (TYLI) provided complete Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) engineering services for the development of the Advanced Flat Panel Display (AFPD) Manufacturing Plant in Singapore. The facility is the first Thin Film Transistor Liquid Crystal Display (TFT LCD) plant in Southeast Asia, and was the world's largest production plant for low-temperature polysilicon (LTPS) TFT LCDs at the time of completion.
The AFPD project comprised a 6-story single-user high technology manufacturing plant and ancillary buildings. The project construction, which encompassed a total land area of 92,000 square meters and a gross floor area of 180,000 square meters, was completed within 12 months under ”green lane” approval.
AFPD includes a main fabrication plant incorporating ISO 14644-1 cleanrooms Class 4 to Class 7, which occupy a total area of 20,000 square meters.
- Air-Conditioning & Mechanical Ventilation (ACMV) systems included cleanroom installation and process exhaust systems (scrubbers and organic gas treatment)
- TYLI’s M&E services included central utility and deionized water buildings, chemical warehouse, and gas and wastewater treatment storage yards
- Sprinkler and process cooling tank yards were installed.
- Link bridges and underground trenches were developed for the transport of goods and M&E services
- Best Buildable Design Award, 2003
Building and Construction Authority (BCA)