T.Y. Lin International (TYLI) served as Prime Consultant for the final bridge design of the Dublin Link, a signature pedestrian bridge across the Scioto River in Dublin, Ohio. The gracefully aesthetic, 760-foot-long bridge follows an “S” curve alignment, with a steel superstructure that passes through the “eye” of the concrete pylon tower without any vertical support.
The bridge deck is a steel box girder, with an asymmetric “V” form that changes shape as users cross while maintaining a 14-foot clear deck width from end to end. The pylon has a total height of 176 feet and measures a dramatic 110 feet high from the walking surface to the top of the tower.
A critical transportation link for pedestrians and bicyclists, the Dublin Link connects the site of the future Riverside Crossing Park on the east side of the river to Downtown Dublin’s commercial, residential and retail businesses on the west side.
- TYLI worked closely with the City of Dublin and the architect to develop the unique bridge concept.
- Following completion of the final design, TYLI produced a plans, specifications, and estimates (PS&E) package and solicited for bids.
- The design incorporates simple, clean details for the cable connections, fully locked coil suspender cables, and main cable, as well as architectural concrete finishes.
- Other project amenities include programmable, color-changing pylon uplighting, pylon keyhole and vertical strip lighting, box girder and handrail strip lighting, and hanger cable lighting.
- TYLI worked with numerous structural, civil, and electrical engineering firms based primarily in Ohio to maintain local consultant participation.
- The bridge is fully Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant
- Transportation Project of the Year Award, 2020
Engineers' Society of Western Pennsylvania (ESWP)
- Outstanding Project Award, New Bridges and Transportation Structures, 2020
National Council of Structural Engineers Association (NCSEA)
- Best Bridge/Highway Project Award, 2020
Engineering News-Record (ENR), Midwest
- No. 2 in Top 10 Bridges List, 2020
Roads and Bridges
- Project of the Year Award, Green Design, 2019
SLAG Cement Association (SCA)