T.Y. Lin International’s (TYLI) partnership with FEMA began two decades ago through a task order agreement to perform updated Flood Insurance Studies (FIS) in four different communities in upstate New York. In 2002, TYLI submitted qualifications for a 5-year ID/IQ contract with FEMA Region II and subsequently was selected as one of the top 3 firms. Under this contract, numerous task orders were issued to TYLI throughout New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. In 2007, TYLI re-competed for a second 5-year ID/IQ contract and was selected as the top firm providing MAP-MOD and RiskMAP support to meet the goals and expectations set by FEMA. Under this contract, TYLI continues to provide DFIRM updates throughout Region II.
- This project has spanned two decades and includes the survey and study of over 1,000 stream miles.
- Detailed hydraulic study analysis and floodplain delineation of over 10,000 stream miles
- Detailed coastal analysis and coastal flood delineation of over 1,000 coastal miles
- The production of thousands of Digital Flood Insurance Rate Maps (DFIRM) throughout New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands
- Provide interaction and public presentations for numerous communities throughout New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands and assist in the adoption of newly released DFIRMs
During the past two decades, TYLI has stood side by side with FEMA working with individual Regions, advancing FEMA’s mission for nationwide digital updates and the creation of a user friendly digital database suitable for use and re-use in the future. TYLI’s committed its staff and resources to FEMA and grew our technical base to over 30 people providing the support needed to meet large tasks and deliverables. Each staff member of TYLI has been trained and mentored to ensure we deliver quality products on-time and on-budget for each respective task order. * 1990s: Flood Insurance Studies (FIS) of various communities in New York state including Town of Davenport, Town of Jay, Town of LaRay, Town of Lisle, Plattsburgh City, Town of Saranac and the town of Blackbrook.
- 2003: TYLI received its first Task Order for the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. The basin studied was Rio Grande de Loiza.
- 2004: TYLI received a second task order in Puerto Rico to perform detailed riverine updates and US Virgin Islands DFIRM release. Additionally in 2004, TYLI received a subsequent Task Order to perform coastal analysis of the coast of Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
- 2005: TYLI received multiple Task Orders for detailed studies, county-wide DFIRM’s, redelineation and digital lift up for Hudson, Passaic, Ocean and Camden Counties in New Jersey and Erie County in New York.
- 2006: TYLI received multiple Task Orders for detailed studies and redelineation and county-wide DFIRM’s in Monmouth and Burlington Counties in New Jersey and Niagara County in New York.
- 2007: TYLI received multiple Task Orders for detailed studies and redelineation and county-wide DFIRM’s in Warren and Sussex Counties and the Delaware River in New Jersey and Otsego and Montgomery Counties in New York.
- 2008: TYLI received multiple Task Orders for detailed studies of the Delaware River in New Jersey, Erie County in New York and PPP of Warren and Sussex Counties in New Jersey.
- 2009: TYLI received a Task Order to provide a physical map revision of parts of Hunterdon County in New Jersey and county-wide DFIRM release of Mercer County in New Jersey including PPP.
- 2010: TYLI received a task order to provide surveying of twelve counties within the NYCDEP watershed. Services provided under this contract include ground & coastal survey, hydrographic & structures survey, hydrology, hydraulics, GPS, riverine redelineation/digital liftup, coastal redelineation, work map production, DFIRM production, post preliminary processing, physical map revision, dams & levees, structural inspection & design, geotechnical investigation & analysis, risk analysis, watershed studies, flood control design, MIP updates, and EVM process.