The Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay sits on 60,000 square meters of land by the Marina Bay. As one of Singapore's leading cultural entertainment and performing arts centers, it is designed to meet the needs of a full-scale musical production and has a selection of venues capable of seating up to 2,000 people.
Parking facilities at the Esplanade include a 2-floor underground parking garage with a total of 890 parking spaces accessed by four vehicular ramps and five access stairwells.
- Roof Structure of Lyric Concert Hall and Theatre, including link gutter:
- The roof structure consists of a 4-meter deep steel truss spanning 40 meters, supporting the space frame roof and three floors.
- The three floors were constructed of precast planks with in-situ topping.
- To facilitate construction, the cast-in-situ link gutter was changed to precast shell with in-situ concrete. Three precast shells per span were used for easy installation.
- Basement parking structures were designed using the top-down construction method to facilitate construction.
- Because the major portion of the underground parking garage is located beneath Esplanade Drive (formerly part of the Nicoll Highway), construction of the basement foundations and structures were combined with the Nicoll Highway Extension Project.
- Civil & Structural (C&S) Engineering Consultancy Services for Alternative Design
- Prix d'Excellence Award (Specialised Category), 2004
International Real Estate Federation (FIABCI)