Located between Ayer Rajah Expressway, Alexandra Road and Depot Road, the proposed Interlace development is a condominium housing development comprising 23 blocks of 6, 12, 18, or 24-story apartments (with a total of 1040 units), with commercial use located on the 1st floor and at ancillary facilities. Car parking facilities are located at basement.
- The Interlace residential development generally consists of 31 interconnected 6-story blocks or taller superblocks that are stacked together in a staggered arrangement based on a hexagonal grid.
- Each 6-story block is approximately 70 meters long, 15 meters wide and 20 meters high. The highest superblocks are stacked up to four 6-story blocks high (for a total of 24 stories), and loads are transferred via the mega-columns through 23 cores.
- The objective of the structural design is to present a structural system that will enhance flexibility in the architectural layout, while achieving a buildable design within the optimum time of construction for the project.
- Civil & Structural (C&S) Engineering Consultancy Services
- Design and Engineering Safety Excellence Award, Residential Category, 2014
Building Construction Authority (BCA)