Initiative connects staff with local nonprofits through a day of service
TYLin, a globally recognized, full-service infrastructure consulting firm, announces the successful completion of its second annual "BUILDing Bridges In Our Community Week" (BBC Week). BBC Week connects TYLin offices and staff with local communities through a day of service. Running from late September to early October, this year's event included partnerships with a diverse range of organizations across the Americas, from Canada in the north to Panama in the south.
Besides building lasting relationships with local organizations, BBC Week fosters deeper connections between employees. Close to 300 people volunteered during this meaningful initiative, which included such activities as providing meals and medical aid, building structures, planting trees, and cleaning streets.
BBC Week is a yearly event managed by the firm's BUILD Task Force, an employee-led group that helps the firm gain a deeper understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion. It is designed to advance TYLin's vision to connect people, places, and ideas to build smarter, more resilient, sustainable, inclusive, and equitable communities.
- TYLin's offices in Malvern, Pennsylvania, and Dover, Delaware, including members of the new Mobility Systems team, joined forces to support Project Cure and the lives of people desperate for medical care.
- In Boston, Massachusetts, employees from Silman, A TYLin Company, volunteered at Groundwork Somerville South Street Community Farm, which is committed to making a more sustainable, equitable, and livable community.
- TYLin's employees in the Greater Toronto Area in Ontario, Canada, partnered with the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority for a variety of sustainable conservation activities.
- TYLin's office in Miami, Florida, traveled to a local Gigi's Playhouse to tour the Down Syndrome Achievement Center and provide a variety of essential supplies and gift cards. Per one volunteer, "The work they are doing for kids with Down Syndrome is spectacular."
- In Olympia, Washington, employees joined the Thurston County Food Bank to help eliminate hunger in the community by supporting a local food drive and providing school essentials for needy children.
- Volunteers from TYLin's Los Angeles, California, offices helped the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank by packing food boxes to be distributed to low-income seniors, women with infants, and children in need in Los Angeles County.
- The firm's San Francisco, California, office worked with CityTeam San Francisco to distribute food to the homeless and low-income residents.
- Staff from the firm's office in Panamá City, Panamá, donated food and toys to Hogar Divino Niño, a shelter that provides much-needed housing, food, and education for children.
Oct 23, 2023Company NewsPeoplePromotion
Oct 12, 2023
Sep 26, 2023Company NewsNew Hire