Lifecycle Resets at 81st Regional Support Command
TYLin provided planning, design, and construction management services for the U.S. Army’s 81st Regional Support Command’s (RSC) program of lifecycle resets.
As the Prime Contractor for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Charleston District, the project team was charged with evaluating, repairing, and replacing mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and architectural components of various facilities on 32 U.S. Army bases throughout the Southeast United States. The 32 facilities totaled 927,358 square feet of building space.
The application of best practices and TYLin’s extensive site contacts and resources, developed through the execution of multiple task orders, enabled the project team to provide unsurpassed leadership in scheduling and coordinating the field investigation and mobilization.
This program resulted in significant energy savings for the facilities addressed under this program. The goal was to achieve 30% energy reduction, in compliance with American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) and U.S. Department of Defense energy standards.
- TYLin conducted the onsite documentation and assessment of existing building systems and equipment at each location.
- The application of industry-standard and accepted criteria was used to evaluate the remaining service life of equipment and systems.
- Work required to reset the lifecycle or to perform repairs on viable systems, as well as the economic feasibility of the work, was carefully determined.
- To save on costs, TYLin developed complete design-bid-build plans, specifications, design narratives, and cost estimates that were bid in individual contract groups.
- The project team adhered to strict USACE project review and quality control processes through the interactive Design Review and Checking System (DrChecks) database.
Image credit: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Charleston District
- Environmental services
- Structural engineering
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing
- Repair and rehabilitation
- Construction management