TYLin is part of a consortium planning the future Lakeview Village Development in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Located at the site of the former Lakeview Generating Station on the Mississauga waterfront, the newly planned community will consist of a connected mix of residential, retail, and employment uses with interwoven public-realm features. The project includes a commitment to sustainability, net zero energy, healthy living, and smart city innovation.
TYLin’s scope of work includes providing plans and strategy reports for sustainability, energy, transportation, municipal servicing, and water, wastewater, and stormwater management.
- TYLin’s Stormwater Management plan recommends elements such as low impact development (LID) features to achieve both water quality and water balance targets.
- The transportation network plan accommodates all modes of transportation and assesses active transportation opportunities, roadway network hierarchy, transit solutions, and parking.
- TYLin is providing preliminary engineering for a sewage pumping station and assessing odor-control solutions for a neighboring wastewater treatment plant.
- District Energy is being explored for heating and cooling, using underground pipes from a central plant location to bring hot and cold water to buildings.
- TYLin is reviewing vacuum waste management as an alternative to traditional waste collection, where airflow transports waste under the streets to a collection station.
- The project is being performed by The Municipal Infrastructure Group Ltd (TMIG), now doing business as TYLin.