Vikas has a passion for transit. Understanding how and why people use certain systems informs his designs and supports a sustainable future.
Vikas has over 20 years of experience working on and leading large scale, complex transportation, and regional land use planning projects in the United States. He has managed technical studies of bikeways and sidewalks, transit feasibility, corridors, traffic impact, and site suitability for transit projects. He has extensive experience in developing long-range multimodal transportation and transit system plans and analysis.
Integrating geographic information systems (GIS) and travel demand forecasting software data, Vikas has a profound understanding of Federal Transit Administration’s (FTA) project development process.
To share his findings, Vikas has developed presentations for industry peers to further their understanding of how ‘big data’ can be leveraged for transit planning.
- American Institute of Certified Planners
- American Planning Association
- Associate Member of Institute of Town Planners, India
- Member of Indian Society of Geomatics (ISG)
Areas of expertise:
- Transit planning
- Big data
Publications and presentations:
- “Propensity to Use Transit–A GIS Based Model,” November 2007, GIS in Transit Conference, Tampa, FL