TYLin coordinated all aspects of the Reina Beatrix International Airport (AUA) Expansion project in Oranjestad, Aruba.
Services on behalf of the Aruba Airport Authority included design and construction phase services for airfield, terminal, and landside infrastructure for the terminal expansion. Airfield elements included eight new aircraft parking gates and a parking apron. New terminal and landside elements included two new buildings for check-in and other airport operations.
- New parking gates included three gates large enough for Boeing 747 aircraft, two for McDonnell Douglas MD-11 aircraft, and three for Boeing 757 planes, all with passenger loading bridges.
- TYLin also designed a ground-level holdroom to serve three remote aircraft positions.
- The new terminal holds 66 agent positions, a concessions area with 28,000 square feet of retail space, a curbside area, passenger holdrooms, baggage claim, and airline and airport operations.
- TYLin’s design also included a U.S. Federal Inspections Services (FIS) pre-clearance facility for full immigration, customs, and agriculture inspection functions for passengers traveling to the United States.
- The project required extensive coordination with airside and landside operations.
- All work was coordinated with Maintenance of Airfield Operations.