TYLin regularly provides heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) and mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) engineering design services to Entercom Communications for new or renovated radio stations across the United States.
Entercom is the parent company of more than 120 radio stations in 23 markets across the country. Radio stations range in size from 18,000 to 30,000 square feet.
- Projects include MEP design for space renovation and dedicated, energy-efficient HVAC system designs, with sound control for all studio and production rooms.
- TYLin’s electrical designs power the extensive equipment required to run the stations.
- Systems typically include intricate humidity and temperature controls for the critical environment, to avoid static damage and electronic equipment degradation.
- TYLin provides server room design for select projects, including designs that encompass an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) to provide near-instantaneous power from stored energy during a power main failure.
- Designs also include lighting and fire protection systems for the studios and performance areas.
- LED lights are provided as standard equipment, along with daylighting controls to meet new energy codes.