TYLin provided engineering, procurement, construction, and consulting services for the new Jiangsu Garden Expo Park in Jiangsu, China.
Completed for the 2021 Jiangsu Horticultural Exposition, Jiangsu Garden Expo Park is a large ecological, cultural, and tourism venue in the northern area of Tangshan, Jiangning District of Nanjing, and close to the scenic Tangshan National Tourist Resort. The project was completed for Jiangsu Expo Garden Construction and Development Co., Ltd.
Phase I of the project covered an area of 3.38 square kilometers. New infrastructure includes a main exhibition hall, urban exhibition parks, and various modes of transportation.
Project challenges included a project site that consisted of a complex mix of land conditions and landforms, such as abandoned mines and industrial facilities, forest land, and more.
The project followed an innovative planning concept that combine the themes "garden collection, cultural gathering, ecological demonstration, and intelligent development,” and an integration of “Garden, Park, Paradise and Homeland.”
- The main exhibition hall uses plants from the park’s old industrial sites, creating a landmark building that blends the park’s industrial heritage with its natural environment.
- All urban exhibition parks display traditional Chinese gardening skills.
- TYLin’s planning for the different traffic modes resulted in efficient solutions for both the Horticultural Expo of Jiangsu Province and long-term utilization of the park site.
- TYLin made full use of rainwater and park wastewater to form a water system with low energy consumption and high circulation.
- An ecological strategy and a sustainable, smart growth strategy were integrated into the design of each stage of the project.
Images courtesy of Jiangsu Expo Garden Construction & Development Co.