TYLin provided design and construction management services for the pavement rehabilitation of Runway 8R/26L at Miami International Airport (MIA) in Miami, Florida.
Including adjacent connector taxiways and associated utility adjustments, the project comprised the adjustment and replacement of existing airfield lighting and associated airfield vault work and pavement striping and grooving.
TYLin’s services included preparing engineering reports and construction estimates, quality assurance/quality control, project management, as well as site and work-related services during the construction phase. Engineering services included civil, electrical, and structural design.
- TYLin assisted the owner, Miami-Dade County, with bidding and award processes and prepared contract documents.
- Phased construction and maintenance of airport operations were key elements of the project.
- Project elements included:
- Runway and taxiway rehabilitation
- Pavement evaluation and design
- Airfield geometry adjustment
- Airfield electrical replacement
- Safety, construction phasing, and maintenance of Air Operations Area (AOA)
- Construction administration and inspection