TYLin provided CCM services for the replacement of six traction elevators at the 181st Street and 190th Street stations on NYCT A Line in New York, New York.
As part of TYLin’s consultant construction management (CCM) On-call for Miscellaneous Projects, our team worked diligently to bring New York City Transit (NYCT) stations into compliance with the American with Disabilities (ADA) Act. This initiative included hard-to-access stations and replaced elevators that are frequently inoperable to assure riders of all abilities can access rail platforms that can be 140 feet below street level.
TYLin provided a Resident Engineer, an Office Engineer, and electrical, civil, structural, safety, quality, and other technical experts under this on-call agreement. The team provided construction management services and coordinated this work with other ongoing NYCT projects and contracts.
- TYLin provided constructability reviews and completed the preconstruction, construction, and closeout processes.
- Our team was responsible for project controls that encompassed cost/estimating, schedule control, document control using Constructware, and quality assurance/quality control.
- Nighttime work and 24- and 52-hour weekend General Orders required multiple round-the-clock teams.
- Tasks included the installation and commissioning of escalators and elevators.
- The project required significant structural and architectural work and included the installation, commissioning, and testing of mechanical, electrical, lighting, and communications systems.