TYLin provided mechanical and electrical (M&E) engineering design and environmentally sustainable design (ESD) consultancy services to develop the Singapore Institute of Technology facility in Singapore.
Comprising five stories of teaching facilities, academic offices, and lecture halls, the Singapore Institute of Technology has a gross floor area (GFA) of 11,670 square metres. It is located on the Temasek Polytechnic campus.
TYLin’s M&E and ESD team worked collaboratively with the client and other disciplines to develop the building design and support the construction phase.
The project received the Building and Construction Authority (BCA) Green Mark Platinum Award for its emphasis on key Green Mark features.
Green Mark features included:
- Super-efficient lighting design and Eco Tube fitting, saving 37% on Lighting Power Density reductions.
- Efficient chilled water plant at 0.599kW/RT.
- 100% recyclable carpets used on 50% of the total building GFA.
- 100% recyclable, nonvolatile organic compound carpet adhesive system.
- Promotion of environmentally friendly measures to encourage green habits and work-study-life balance for staff and students, within and outside of the development.
- Energy-efficient façade, enabling occupants to enjoy panoramic views of the Bedok Reservoir.
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing
- Construction engineering
- Sustainability, resiliency and energy efficiency