TYLin provided civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering consultancy services for Wisma 46, a landmark retail and office development in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Located in the Central Business District of downtown Jakarta, the project included a 50-story, 262-meter-high office tower, an 8-story podium for retail stores and a multi-story parking garage, and a 2-floor basement carpark.
Adding a unique and iconic element to the Jakarta skyline, Wisma 46 features a curved “pen” shape that is covered by a patterned glass façade. The building is located on an 11,000 square-meter parcel of land, with a total gross floor area of 95,000 square meters.
Wisma 64 was developed in two phases and opened as the tallest building in Indonesia at the time.
- The building is designed for Jakarta - Seismic Zone 4 (American UBC Classification Zone 1).
- The standard floor system consists of one-way post-tensioned concrete beams spanning 12 meters between the core wall and perimeter columns.
- The podium floors consist of a post-tensioned flat slab system.
- The development included 23 super high-speed elevators that can reach up to 360 miles per hour.
- Wisma 46 opened with four 1500 KW diesel generators with direct coupled radiator fans.