Andrew has extensive experience in engineering design, project management, engineering team leadership, and asset management of bridges around the world including cable-stayed, suspension and arch bridges.
Andrew has 26 years of experience with bridge inspection, condition assessment, rehabilitation design, detailed design, construction engineering, heavy lifting, design check, construction engineering analysis, as well as modelling and design of erection schemes and temporary works for cable-stayed bridges.
As Project Manager and Engineer of Record, Andrew has demonstrated successful leadership of large and diverse teams while managing technically challenging and complex projects, including cable-supported bridges. Some of his more notable accomplishments include leading the design and construction of the North Arm Bridge on the Canada Line over the Fraser River, the first extradosed transit bridge in North America, as well as the design of the Walterdale Arch Bridge in Edmonton as Engineer of Record and Project Manager.
Areas of expertise:
Publications and presentations:
- The Existing Champlain Bridge – Assessment of Structural Deficiencies, Griezic, A. et al., IABSE Symposium, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 21-23 September 2017, p. 1529-1536
- The Existing Champlain Bridge – Strengthening Measures, Griezic, A. et al., IABSE Symposium, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 21-23 September 2017, p. 1537-1544
- Cable-Stayed Bridges: Key Design, Construction and Management Issues, Bergman, D., Griezic, A., and Taylor, P., 2-day ASCE seminar, 2010, 2011
- Inspection of Construction of Long Span Cable-Stayed Bridges, Bergman, D., and Griezic, A., 3-day ASCE seminar, 2011
- Custom Fit (North Arm Bridge), Bergman, D., Griezic, A. and Scollard, C., Civil Engineering, August 2009, p. 64-71
- Design of the Canada Line Extradosed Transit Bridge, Bergman, D., Griezic, A., and Scollard, C, IABSE Symposium, Chicago, IL, USA, 14-19 September 2008
- Design of the Canada Line Extradosed Transit Bridge, Andrew Griezic, Christopher R. Scollard, and Don W. Bergman, 7th International Conference on Short and Medium Span Bridges, CSCE, 2006 August 23-25
- Design of the First Extradosed Transit Bridge in North America, A. Griezic, P.E., C.R. Scollard, and D.W. Bergman, P.E., International Bridge Conference, ESWP, 2006 June 12-14
- Challenges in Seismic Retrofit of Concrete Bridges, Taylor, Peter R., Elgabry, Adel, and Griezic, Andrew, FIB/IABSE Symposium, Concrete Structures in Seismic Regions, Athens, Greece, 2003 May 6-8
- Seismic Behaviour and Retrofit of Outrigger Beam-Column Frames, Griezic, A., Cook, W.D., and Mitchell, D., Journal of Bridge Engineering, Sept-Oct 2001, pp. 340-348
- Erection Geometry and Stress Control of Composite Decked Cable-stayed Bridges, Felber, A., Taylor, P., Griezic, A., Bergman, D., and Torrejon, J., IABSE Conference on Cable-supported Bridges, Korea, June 2001
- Stress-strain Characteristics of Confined Concrete in Column Hinges, Griezic, A., Cook, W.D and Mitchell, D., ACI Materials Journal, July-August 1998
- Seismic Retrofit of Bridge Column-footing Connections, Griezic, A., Cook, W.D., and Mitchell, D., Eleventh World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Acapulco, June 1996
- Experimental Studies of Hinges in Existing Bridge Columns, Griezic, A., Zeyl, P.E., Cook, W.D., and Mitchell, D., Seventh Canadian Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Montreal, June 1995.
- Tests to Determine Performance of Deformed Welded Wire Fabric Stirrups, Griezic, A., Cook, W.D., and Mitchell, D., ACI Structural Journal, March-April 1994.