T.Y. Lin International (TYLI) regularly works with Entercom Communications to provide heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC), electrical, and plumbing engineering design services for new or renovated radio stations located throughout the United States. Entercom is the parent company of more than 120 radio stations in 23 markets across the country. Radio stations range in size from 18,000 to 30,000 square feet.
- Projects encompass mechanical, electrical, and plumbing design for space renovation and dedicated, energy-efficient HVAC system designs, with sound control for all studio and production rooms.
- TYLI’s electrical designs power the extensive equipment required to run the stations.
- Systems typically include intricate humidity and temperature controls for the critical environment as low humidity can lead to static damage, while high humidity will degrade electronic equipment.
- TYLI provides server room design for select projects. These designs encompass an uninterruptible power supply (UPS), which provides near-instantaneous power from stored energy during a power main failure. The UPS safeguards against equipment damage during a crisis until a recommissioned 800 KW generator takes over.
- TYLI also provides lighting and fire protection designs for the studios and performance areas.
- LED lights are provided as standard equipment, along with daylighting controls to meet new energy codes.