Ryan’s background and passion for environmental excellence and responsibility drives his approach to transit projects. Specializing in bus rapid transit, Ryan enjoys sharing his vision for a sustainable future.
Ryan has over 20 years of experience in transport planning, facility programming, electric vehicles, urban design, and operations working with transportation providers. He’s an experienced client service / program manager for bus and rail transit, programming facilities, vehicle electrification, and modernization master plans.
Ryan’s expertise is in demand for rapid transit projects, master plans, systems plans, capital facilities, branding, environmental, outreach, safety, and operational efforts, including:
- Inner Katy Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) project
- Seattle RapidRide BRT Expansion project
- King County Metro and Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority’s facility master plan
- TheBus and Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transit projects
- Metro on 14 BRT corridors
Ryan seeks to advance the industry’s quality of environmental practices and documentation through association presentations, webinars and seminars.
- American Institute of Certified Planners
- American Planning Association
Areas of expertise:
- Bus Rapid Transit
- Zero Emission / Fleet Conversion
Publications and presentations:
- "Examples of Effective Techniques for Improving the Quality of Environmental Documents," American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
- Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)
- American Planning Association (APA)