TYLin provided Program Management services for the new South Runway and Terminal 4 Expansion at Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood International Airport (FLL) in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
This project increased airfield capacity to meet the airport’s growing traffic demands. The new parallel runway configuration reduces the potential for runway incursions and simplifies aircraft ground movement, resulting in improved safety for travelers and crews.
The program included construction of the 8,000-foot by 150-foot new South Runway (10R/28L) and the adjacent taxiway system. It encompassed a full-length inner parallel taxiway, dual cross-field taxiways and holding bay, as well as various enabling projects that preceded the new runway.
TYLin also provided Program Management services for the Concourse H – Terminal 4 Replacement Project that decommissioned gates on the south end of Concourse H and constructed replacement gates. This portion of the project required extensive remodeling and expansion of Concourse H and Terminal 4.
- TYLin planned and coordinated design and construction tasks.
- The team prepared and maintained the Project Management Information System.
- TYLin was responsible for cost control, scheduling, and compliance with Small Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (SDBE) policies.
- To keep the project on schedule, permits, schedules, schedule of values, Notice to Proceed submittals, and shop drawings were submitted on time and approvals achieved in a timely manner.
- TYLin reviewed and approved all payment applications from contractors and consultants.
- Consistent with our client-oriented approach, TYLin confirmed all warranties were in place and punch lists completed.
Images Credit: Smith Aerial Photos