T.Y. Lin International (TYLI) served as Designer of Record for improvements at eight Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) Red Line transit stations along the Dan Ryan Expressway corridor in the City of Chicago. Scope of work included field surveys, design, permitting, and procurement services to address functional, cosmetic, and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance.
- Design engineering services encompassed: architectural; structural, civil, mechanical and electrical engineering; and environmental elements.
- TYLI managed all subconsultant deliverables, developed and implemented a Quality Assurance Plan, investigated existing conditions, prepared final design documents, and produced the construction submittal schedule.
- New elevators were added at three stations, with canopy repairs, platform surface repairs, and steel cleaning and/or painting performed at all locations.
- Lighting and drainage improvements, along with specific areas of concern at each station, were addressed.
- The station improvements were part of CTA’s overarching Dan Ryan Track Renewal and Stations Improvement Project.
- National Recognition Award, 2014
American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC)
- Honor Award, 2014
American Council of Engineering Companies of Illinois (ACEC-IL)