The Municipal Infrastructure Group Ltd., a T.Y. Lin International Company (TMIG), is part of the team planning the future Lakeview Village Development in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
TMIG’s scope of work includes providing plans and strategy reports for sustainability, energy, transportation, municipal servicing, and water, wastewater, and stormwater management.
Located at the site of the former Lakeview Generating Station on the Mississauga waterfront, the newly planned community will consist of a connected mix of residential, retail, and employment uses with interwoven public-realm features. The project includes a commitment to sustainability, net zero energy, healthy living, and smart city innovation.
- TMIG’s Stormwater Management plan recommends elements such as low impact development (LID) features to achieve both water quality and water balance targets.
- TMIG's transportation network plan accommodates all modes of transportation and assesses active transportation opportunities, roadway network hierarchy, transit solutions, and parking.
- TMIG is providing preliminary engineering for a sewage pumping station and assessing odor-control solutions for a neighboring wastewater treatment plant.
- District Energy is being explored for heating and cooling, using underground pipes from a central plant location to bring hot and cold water to buildings.
- TMIG is reviewing vacuum waste management as an alternative to traditional waste collection, where pressurized airflow transports waste under the streets to a collection station.